Depression – It Can Really Kill You
Did you know that almost 20 million people in the United States are ‘clinically’ depressed? And they don’t know it? They don’t know that what they’re feeling is NOT normal, that they don’t have to feel this way.
Depression isn’t having a ‘down day’. Clinical depression is a serious illness with a great impact on day-to-day living. Severe, major depression can completely immobilize a person!
Symptoms of Depression
– deep sadness or a feeling of emptiness or apathy nearly every day for the past 2 weeks or more.
– diminished interest or pleasure in activities for the past 2 weeks or more.
– decrease or increase in appetite, causing you to lose or gain more than 5% of your body weight.
– sleep differences either more or less sleep.
– being agitated or irritated with yourself or others.
– extreme fatigue or loss of energy, moving slower than normal.
– feelings worthless, like you’re not useful anymore.
– feeling of excessive or inappropriate guilt.
– not being able to concentrate or think straight.
– having troubles making daily decisions.
– thinking of death or serious contemplation of or attempting suicide.
You’re not alone!