Hello my friends! Today I want to share a few facts about a very interesting fruit I found in the farmers’ market. DRAGON FRUIT. I live in USA, New Jersey, and for us this fruit is considered exotic, as it is primarily grown in Asia. It is also found in Mexico, Central and South America.
Its flesh is sweet, somewhere between pear and kiwi. It has black seeds that are edible too.
Here is how it looked in the farmers’ market. The selling price was $6.99 per one piece, quite pricey!
Palm sized, as you can see it in my hand.
I gathered some information about this fruit, regarding health benefits.
- It is rich in Vitamin C and A – that means it is antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. Good for immune system, arthritis and skin also.
- It is rich in Calcium and Magnesium – good for bones and muscles.
- It is rich in fiber – good for digestion and diabetes.
- Low calories and low glycemic index – good for diet/weight loss
- seeds have Omega 3 and Omega 6 – good for lowering cholesterol
Amazing fruit, isn’t it? Mother Nature provides us with ALL that we need to stay healthy!